Photobucket

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Finding the Right Pair of Eyeglasses



I haven't always worn glasses, I have only been wearing them for the six or seven years.   That doesn't mean that I did not need to be wearing glasses it means that I was to self conscious about looking dumb in glasses to admit to anyone that I needed them or to ask my parents for them.

I knew that I needed glasses, I was having trouble in high school seeing the blackboard or projections, I could not read street signs (not that I drove yet) unless I was right up on them.  Basically, I could not see anything that was any distance from me.

To get away with not having to get glasses, I would sit closer to the front of the classroom so that I could see the chalkboard better and I would squint at street signs to make them clearer.  If you are asking yourself how I made it through the annual eye exams that my mom made us go to, I CHEATED!  I achieved this by memorizing the chart while the doctor was out of the room.  By doing this, I was able to pass the exam with flying colors and not have to get eyeglasses.  

After years of my husband bugging me to do something about my vision,  I finally gave in and admitted that I needed prescription glasses.  When we go to the eye doctor, he lectured me about not cheating on the exam and to be honest with the doctor.  For the first time I took the exam with out memorizing the letters beforehand (they really should give a different set of letters for each eye so that you do not just repeat them).  Sure enough, the doctor said I needed glasses to see distance.

I spent the next hour walking around the store trying on hundreds of pairs of glasses, critiquing each one and not liking any of them, I finally settled on a pair and ordered them.

I think the next time I am ready for a new pair, I will shop for glasses online.  GlassesUSA.com even has a Virtual Mirror program to find just the right pair of glasses to suit the shape of your face and if for some reason you do not like the pair you pick, they have a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

October was breast cancer awareness month and nearly every employee at GlassesUSA.com has been affected by cancer in some way, shape or form.  For the next couple months, GlassesUSA.com will be donating $1 from every sale of eyeglasses to a breast cancer organization. 

In addition to donating $1 from each sale, we're also offering a discount of 15% to our customers when they use the code: CancerAwareness

Be sure to "LIKE" GlassesUSA.com on Facebook to find out about sales and promotions, as well as great new styles!  

0 comments:

 

Over Thirty Mommy Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino | Blogger Styles

//PART 2