Photobucket

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Baby Shower Extravaganza Review: Shower Hug


The Shower Hug was created by Andria Sgro in 2006.  She came up with the idea for the Shower hug, a bandeau wrap worn around the bust line to support and protect sore breasts associated with pregnancy and breastfeeding while showering (fancy that!).

The Shower Hug is specially designed for expectant and new moms to wear when they shower.  It contours to each mother's shape and provides a gentle, non-restrictive bust line support while soothing sensitive nipples and breasts caused by pregnancy and breastfeeding.


The Shower Hug is made, in the USA, of the softest, dye free double-sided knit terry velour.  It has a gentle stretch built-in, to provide you with bust line support needed during pregnancy and after baby arrives.  It can also be used by moms that are recovering for C-section deliveries.  Simply wrap the Shower Hug around your hips and lower abdomen.

I wish I had one of these after I had Wiggle Bean! For the first 2-3 weeks I wore my bikini top in the shower because I could not stand to have the water spray directly on me.  I endured jokes and teasing from my hubby (who thought it was funny that I was taking a shower in my swimsuit) but I had to do it.  I would have given anything to have had a Shower Hug.  I am beyond the point where I could uses this for nursing pain relief but it has many other uses outside of the shower.

The Shower Hug is available in 3 sizes (I think the X/S is discontinued or at least very limited).  To get the proper fit, locate your pre-pregnancy bra size in the left hand column on the chart below. The column to the right shows the proper size Shower Hug™ to purchase. If your bra size does not fall into one of the categories shown on our sizing chart, then go by the size sports bra you wore before you were pregnant.

In March 2009, Belmama and Cherub released coordinating burp cloths and wash cloths that are made of the same soft terry velour. 

Where to buy
The Shower Hug can be ordered online at www.showerhug.com.  You can also find the Shower Hug at many retailers across the US as well as in a few other countries.

*Disclaimer: I was not paid in any form of cash for this posting.   I received a Shower Hug with matching burp and wash cloth  for my review purposes. This is solely the opinion of Over Thirty Mommy. Other people may have different experiences with the product.** 

0 comments:

 

Over Thirty Mommy Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino | Blogger Styles

//PART 2