Who didn't love playing twister as a kid? I know I did. I love that plastic mat with the colored circles and the cardboard spinner board. It was a ton of fun and a game that got you up and off the couch.
My daughter is just shy of 3 and she has been getting more and more interested in playing games. We have a Wii but she was having issues with holding and using the controller so we recently purchased a Kinect for out XBox 360. We have been watching for games that we think she will be able and interested in playing.
Twister™ Mania, the outrageously fast-paced physically fun game inspired by the global phenomenon Twister®, is now available. Twister™ Mania encourages you to use your body as the game piece in this unique Kinect exclusive title that challenges you to twist yourself in thousands of different ways.
Twister™ Mania combines the colorful, expressive and cooperative gameplay of the original Twister® board game and updates it for the digital generation. This light-hearted game supports up to eight players with deep gameplay across three game modes offering 16 variations and over 1,800 shapes to play! Don’t hold back as you move your body to match your opponent’s silhouette, knock down blocks against the clock and fill in thousands of crazy shapes of all sizes and themes!
Kick start the party by choosing from 3 main game modes:
- Party Play: Twirl the virtual spinner and advance around the Twister® mat with up to four teams of two in Party Play, a metagame that combines all game challenges.
- Play It All: Try your hand at every game challenge from start to finish in this campaign mode for the overachievers.
- Quick Play: Jump right in and directly select any of the 16 ways to play and difficulty level for a quick challenge.
Twist, contort, duck and bend through four high-energy game challenges that each feature a range of four variations (total of 16 ways to play) to keep the action unique and challenging:
- Shape Frenzy: Mimic the shape (there are over 1800!) that appears on screen and earn points based on how well you fill its silhouette.
- Twist & Fit: Avoid the wall and fit your silhouette through cutouts coming at you on a moving wall. Score points by passing through a wall without touching a thing; the more wall you hit the lower your score.
- Break It Down: Work your way through a stack of colored blocks by assuming their form. When a shape is removed, the wall above will begin to crumble.
- Spot On: Challenge up to three players (or four teams of two) in a game of contortion H-O-R-S-E. Create a shape and see if your friends can match it.
Twister™ Mania on Kinect for Xbox 360 is available on store for the suggested retail price of $49.99.