Photobucket

Friday, July 24, 2009

Beginning Solid Foods



We recently started solid foods. I researched all over the web about what foods to start with and everything said that I should start with vegetables before fruits so that she does not develop a preference for the sweet fruits and shun the vegetables. So I began the search for what vegetables are best and set off to make batches of food.

I am currently making all of her food from organic produce that we have delivered to our house every other week from a great company called Organics To You out of Portland, OR. Making your baby food is easier than I thought it would be. I spent about two hours making food one Sunday but I ended up with a big batch of Apples, a medium size batch of Sweet Potatoes and a small batch of Carrots. My next attempt will be Peas and squash, YUM!

For her first food I made the mistake of starting with Sweet Potatoes. If I could do it over again, I would start with something white or clear! I had orange smears everywhere, how it got on the ceiling fan eludes me!

0 comments:

 

Over Thirty Mommy Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino | Blogger Styles

//PART 2