Photobucket

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Tommee Tippee Makes Traveling with A Toddler Easier



I recently took a trip to visit my husbands family in Wyoming.  My husband had to travel there on business and since it had been almost 6 months since they had seen our daughter (their youngest grandchild) my daughter and I decided to tag along.

Since having our daughter, we have traveled to see Grandma and Grandpa M twice.  The first time she was only 6 months old so she slept almost the entire flight there and back, it was great.  This time I knew it would be different.  We debated purchasing her her own seat (she is just under two so can still be classified as a lap child) but in the end it just did not seem worth the additional $200.

I loaded up all the stuff that I thought we would need to make it through the hour + at the airport prior to the flight, the 2 1/2 hour flight and the 2 1/2 hour drive from Denver to Wyoming.  This included the standard diapers, wipes, snacks, toys and a drink for before security.  When she was a baby they let me take milk over the 3oz limit through for her but I was not clear on the rules now that she was bigger.

After getting through security I purchased a milk for her and put it in her bottle and then placed the bottle in the Tommee Tippee closer to nature Insulated Bottle Bag to keep it cool.  The bags come as a set of two and can be used to keep bottles and food warm or cool.  They are fully flexible and have an adjustable strap that can be used to attache it to just about anything (I attached our to the strap of my backpack carry on so that it was within reach if I needed it while walking).

I was impressed with how well it insulated the milk cold.  We ran out of milk before we reached our destination but it was still cold until she drank the last of what we had purchased at the airport.

I only used one on insulated bottle bag on the way there but on the way back I filled two bottles with milk that I had left from our time at the grandparents (they weren't going to drink it so it would have gone to waste anyway) and placed them in the two Tommee Tippee insulated bottle bags.  I was not sure if TSA would allow me to take that much milk through security but to my surprise they did after running a simple test on the milk to make sure it was milk.  Since I was able to bring more milk, I had some left when we arrived home and to my amazement it was still cold. 

Over all, I think the Tommee Tippee closer to nature Insulated Bottle Bags are great, I did not test them with warm foods but might soon when I pack her lunch for play dates.  They are specially designed to fit the Tommee Tippee closer to nature bottles so they are a bit on the short side but they do (with a little stretching) fit a standard size sippy cup.  I would love to have the Tommee Tippee insulated bottle bag in a taller size.


Where to Buy:
Tommee Tippee products are available directly from their website and exclusively at Toys-R-Us and Babies-R-Us.

1 comments:

Melanie said...

These coolers are wonderful with little ones.. totally a must have.. loved your review..

 

Over Thirty Mommy Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino | Blogger Styles

//PART 2