Photobucket

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Wiggle's First Trip to the Beach


Wiggle bean is 18 months old and we recently took her to the beach for the first time.  For some people this would not be a big deal but we are less than 2 hours from the Oregon coast and I love the beach, not sure why it took me so long to take her there.

We got her some sand toys and she had a ton of fun sorting through it all and seeing what was in the bucket.

  Daddy was such a great sport making sand castle after sand castle only to have Wiggle Bean smash them flat in less than 2 seconds.  Wiggle of course though it was the most fun game ever.


If she wasn't pounding them with her fist, she was giving us her best King Kong impression and stomping them to smithereens.


After smashing about a hundred sand castles, she found a new game, tossing sand in the air and letting it fall all over herself and everything in sight.  She was covered head to toe in sand, it was everywhere.  She was so coated in sand, that I had to strip her down and hose her off in a hotel bathroom sink so that she could comfortable make the two hour drive home.

All in all, even though it was not a sunny and warm day at the beach (it is the Oregon coast after all!) we had so much fun and I can not wait to take her back again.

2 comments:

One with many names said...

I so miss the ocean. I wish I lived closer to one so that I could take my children more often than once in a blue moon.

Thank you for sharing!

Melanie said...

Ohhh how cute.. thanks for sharing.. my Toddler loves the beach...

 

Over Thirty Mommy Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino | Blogger Styles

//PART 2